Tuesday 29 April 2014

What's that Sound?

In my last blog post I talked about sound and music and what I was thinking about for my own film, I also said that I was doing sound on another film, 'Dislocation' by Andrew McComb.

We'll I recorded the sound and dialouge for Dislocation and it went well. Because unlike mine, this film has a lot of natural sound such as footsteps on gravel, twigs breaking, leaves cracking under boots etc. because it is shot in a forest, so there were a lot of rich sounds to capture.

Where as mine has more man made sounds such as: gun shots, explosions, electrical sounds etc. so it was fun working on two different films with two different sound tracks and really made me think about how which sounds, no matter how subtle, can really add to the over all viewing experience.

Below are some snaps of me working on sound for Dislocation



No comments:

Post a Comment